View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules View Post
So were they good?
They sounded excellent when we started listening. After tweaking them, everyone agreed that the system sounded significantly better from where we started. We played with some room tuning, component vibration control, speaker positioning etc. Made all the difference in the world. The spiking of the speakers removed a bass standing wave that was present before. This was easily the best system I heard in my life at this point...this massive system just disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amati View Post
And how did they sound?
Looking forward to the pics.
Pics posted above. The sound...I wouldn't know where to start! Let me try and just rambled off thoughts I feel are relevant.

Pitch perfect, realistic scale, perfect instrument body, tonality and size portrayal. Zero distortion at ANY listening level. No timing issues...no phase issues, warmth when needed, musically blissful, most realistic rendering of an orchestra I've ever heard. Never, ever have I found a system that does almost perfect levels of "rightness". There is always something to critique that a system can do better...not with this one somehow. It CAN use a little bit more depth (which I was getting in the CES 2014 setup). That depth can be gotten by pulling out the speakers more into the room, but instead of 100%, we were getting probably 90%?

This really is just a dream speaker and I'm happy there are people who can make something like this happen. I am more grateful that I got a chance to participate in setting something like this up and listening to it.
Analog: Ear Discmaster, Redpoint Model D, VPI TNT 6 Hot Rod, Townshend Rock 7, EAR 324, VDH Grasshopper III GLA, Dynavector XV-1T, Dynavector XV-1S, Jorma Prime/Origo, Jan Allaerts, Einstein Turntables Choice, Digital: EAR Acute IV / Dac IV Preamp: EAR 912, Ray Samuels B-52 Amplifiers: EAR 890 Monoblocks, Concert Fidelity ZL-120V2SE, Almarro 318B Accessories: Stillpoints ESS Rack, Sistrum, KS Emotion Cables Speakers: Marten Coltrane Tenor