View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
I'm kinda in the same boat, on the fence. Listed my Hot Rod KT150 on eBay this week. While I absolutely love it, and know it's a work of functional art, I am having to let it sit (too much) only able to use one system at a time, in one room already full, having to move things around every time. Originally thought I could use it in a den room after remodel, plan now canceled. Seeing your post is poking at my brain to figure out how to change my mind and cancel the ad. Probably should have bought a pair of those QMB25 Monoblocks instead and effectively replaced my big amp on my main system, yet I can't part with that either, sounds too damn good. Trying not to become a collector. Hard to do...
Even if I store them for a while, I'm figuring it will be better than selling now. Once we commit to the new place to live, I'll decide again based on size, storage space, etc. If I can set up with both amps in order to switch back and forth, rather than have to unpack every time I want to run it, it will be easier to keep.

Maybe Dennis will have further upgrades available to notch up the SQ a bit further along the way.

Now, since I'm keeping them, I'll have to try the 6F6's that he and others are raving about (dammit!!).