View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 10:37 PM

Yea really... sorry about your laptop by the way... I have noticed that the W4S equipment seems to be very open with a fantastic sound stage. No wonder they like to connect it up with KEF!

I think my DAC is getting there but I think it still has some time to go before it is completely broken in.

I would not mind trying a W4S amplifier at some point, but then I would have to pick up another set of XLR cables since the Goldmund only has RCA inputs ....

I do believe that this little Job has the same type of tendencies as the W4S, and is therefore a good match! The one small issue is that it has a very high input gain so the Rothwell Attenuators are almost a requirement. I rarely get to the 30s on the volume control which goes up to 80. I guesstimate that I have never even taken the pre-amp out of passive mode into active.

Congrats on the equipment... hopefully your brother will like your amp and want to let you keep the W4S!

For what it is worth, which is probably not much since you like the ST250 so much, but EJ did say if you like the ST250 you will be blown away by the new amps.

Last edited by Randy Myers; 03-02-2016 at 10:45 PM.