View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 03:16 PM

Smile You're not really alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisHP View Post
I have always wanted a McIntosh system and FINALLY, at age 55 have built one! MA5300 (as a pre-amp), MC125 amp, and MEN220 (which I can't recommend enough. Game changer!)-Focal Kanta 2 speakers, Rega P3 turntable, Rotel CD player.
JurisHP..... Although I was introduced to Mac -- way back in the late-70s -- we purchased our first "separate" stereo amp around 2003. Before that, we owned a couple of Mac receivers [the 4100 and the 4200], but the goal was always to go with a separate component system.

Having written that, we only purchased our second Mac stereo amp last year -- and I'm older than you are -- so don't feel like there aren't others here who've moved slowly toward their Mac goals. In fact, we plan to add another amp [and a subwoofer] to move from the 4.0 system we presently enjoy to our first 5.1 system. So, if all goes to plan, it will have taken me over 40 years to obtain the Mac-based multichannel system that I've dreamed about.

I'm assuming that you accidentally switched a couple of numbers and actually found an MC152 to amplify the signal coming from you MA5300...and, by adding the room correction you get with your MEN220, you'll be able to "fit" your Mac system to your listening area. Although we have Mac Room Perfect correction capability in our MX151, we won't actually move into our new listening area until we get the amp and the sub we need to obtain 5.1 sound. This being the case, it would seem that you've taken advantage of Mac room correction before we have. How much difference did it make in your listening area?

Congratulations on realizing your Mac dreams!

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections