View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 12:05 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilettante View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your day lol.....
But the Naim Uniti Nova is very impressive and at $7500 it's a true bargain considering you get a very good quality streamer/DAC built in. It sounded even better than the MA8900 or any Mac integrateds. No comparison.
The Naim Uniti Nova comes with Tidal & Quboz streaming apps and is Roon ready. I suggest you pair the Uniti Nova with Naim Uniti Core music server. They sounded great together.

I know all Naim amplifiers outputs are conservatively rated, but the current delivery that matters, not the power ratings (wattage). The MA6900 & MA8900 are rated way more powerful than the Naim Uniti Nova at 8 ohms but the Naim didn't break a sweat driving just about any speakers with overal better sonic fidelity than the Mac integrateds or even separates. The Naim sounding effortless, musically engaging & involving, warm, relaxed laid back yet punchy with lots of energy, musical drive and highly excels in PRAT (Pace Rthym And Timing) and speed without sounding forced and analytical. I'm a big fan of Naim.

My cousin owns the Naim Statement NAP S1 monoblock amps ($180k) and the Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage analog preamp ($90k) paired with his Magico M6 speakers ($175k/pair), which soon to be replaced with the flagship M9. The best setup I've ever heard at any given price points. The Naim Statement gears are cost-no-object design gears and the best separates (pre / power amps combo) I've ever heard in my life but are very expensive indeed.
Let me guess, you're from Europe? That would explain your bias toward products designed and built in England. We all tend to gravitate toward brands that are sonically similar to what we grew up with or are used to. I've heard plenty of Naim products over the years and don't have many bad things to say about them other than their pedestrian industrial design and that none have ever wowed me. I've also compared them to comparably priced McIntosh items. All I can say is that I've never bought a Naim product but have owned quite a few McIntosh items. I guess that shows MY obvious bias.