View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
After having grown up with corvette starting with an 81 4speed, and my last a 2006 convertible, I have to say I’m shocked by the design.

Particularly the stub nose, and the rear engine mount. It’s so far a departure from any corvette design, I think they should have introduced it under a different name.

Part of the sensation of driving the Vette, was sitting behind that long front end with a slightly reclined bucket seat. It really gave you that I’ve arrived feeling wherever you pulled in. In comparison these stub nose sport cars give the sensation of driving a lawn mower with a jet pack on the back.

Oh well Corvette History, Chevrolet just discarded you on the curb at 42nd St.
sorry Jim, utter nonsense IMO. As an old fart that's been driving them for over 43 years they had taken the front engine as far as it was going to go. Tadge and his team have done a superb job of carrying the dream of Zora Duntov into the present. Remember this, in the past decade the avg age of a Corvette purchaser has increased by 10 years, mid fifties to now mid sixties. I firmly believe with the mid-engine and the affordable entry pricing they are headed in the right direction.