View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 08:03 AM

That photo is showing the lumber that was going to be used to build a custom rack which never happened. Not my system, not my room, not my wood. That client uses a Lignolab rack. Amp stands are not the best idea, amps should be away from the speakers with the rest of the system. The whole system seems to benefit from equal tuning. All components together. Long speaker cables, short interconnects.

In my system I use two Lignolab racks. If I wasn't using Lignolab, I would be using a Box rack. Another brand of Shindo-centric racks is under development and should be available later this year. Like the Lignolab, it will be suspended and rather large.

Always depends on budget. Sadly, I'm not currently aware of an inexpensive rack that works perfectly with Shindo. I'm sure some may exist, I just haven't yet heard it. The difference the Lignolab made in my system literally made me crack up laughing. It was such an enormous improvement. I now consider it a necessity for my system and often recommend them over preamp or amp upgrades. Especially when a turntable is in use.

To answer the question about which amp stands to use... I feel none. Keep the system together. Moving the amps close to the speaker is a negative in my opinion. The rack and gear should be on the side wall or back wall.

Jonathan