View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mille162 View Post
Having driven just about everything, I can say that the most fun I’ve had was. #1. Skip Barber 3-day open wheel school highschool friends and #2. Karting races with friends at K1 Speed San Diego.

Have yet to drive in a Lemons race (running the track, I was stuck as mgmt of the event for too many years), but that seems to have the same vibe. At the professional level there is soo much pressure to win, not crash, deliver for the sponsors, have a perfect lap everytime, that it really isn’t that much fun anymore. Even when our team was self-funded by a private gentleman driver, the pressure for results is overwhelming and you stop having fun and it becomes just another high pressure job. After the AMA final race weekend, all the racers would go over to the kart track sunday nite with the pitcrews and have impromptu relay/endurance races in karts because it was FUN.

The Rolex 24 is the All-star game/superbowl of US motorsports and def fun to watch. If you’re a top team, the pressure to perform is prob the worst stress of the year (drivers and team alike), and its truly an event where a driver can’t win alone, the crew is just as important as the individual drivers. If you’re anyone other than top 5 in qualifying, the pressure to not mess-up, get in the way of a faster class or just not embarrass yourself is overwhelming...and to have to do it over the course of 24 hours; makes for great spectating!

Sent from my iPhone using New Forum mobile app
your last paragraph sums it up perfectly and that's exactly why in GTLM team Corvette is and has been the team to beat.