View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 05:50 PM

Default Me too. . .

I can't add much to what Bud already reported about his upgraded Triton v3. I'm very pleased with the results of upgrading my Triton (v2) to v3. Initially I had a little trepidation about doing the modifications -- I was really happy with the sound of my system with the Triton v2 and I guess I am one of the minority who preferred my Triton v2/Typhon to the Denali/Typhon when I tried the new Denali in my system.

The v3 definitely passes what I call the "low level/high level" test -- I can play music lower in level and still have it sound lively and engaging with a tactile presence that sounds very much like the real thing, yet I can crank the volume louder than before without the music becoming overbearing and in your face.

All the subtle little cues and details -- the low-level information -- are even more present and easily heard than before.

So far I've only plugged the front end equipment directly into the Triton -- phono and preamp, DAC and Typhon. Subwoofer amps, SDS, power supply for the LPS-1 powering the microRendu streamer are all on a Shunyata PS8 plugged into the Triton and the amp is plugged into a Shunyata wall duplex. I thought the wall connection for the amp sounded more dynamic and had a deeper and wider soundstage than plugging the amp into the Triton v2. Now that I've got several hundred hours on the v3 it's probably time to try the amp into the upgraded Triton to hear if the new devices do indeed provide more dynamic range than a direct wall connection.

I've always been very pleased with the super customer service Caelin and Grant have provide. This upgrade has been no exception. Questions were answered promptly, Richard provided a return authorization and followed up with e-mail letting me know when my Triton arrived and when it shipped, turn-around was very fast and I was only without my Triton for about a week. The short hiatus in itself was a nice credibility check -- as good as Shunyata's PS8 is (even with the addition of a Typhon), the Triton v3 is so much better.

Kudos to the Shunyata team!

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!