View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Mike, have you reviewed any of the Schiit head amps? Based on my experience with their DAC, I think I'm going to get one and try it out. They've gotten excellent reviews, including a write up at the recent Newport audio show.
WilCox, one of AA's new members posted this over on the Bryston BHA-1 thread. I hope this isn't a no no to paste it in here. Is this the same manufacturer you were asking about?

He writes:
I did receive my Schiit Mjolnir last week and have been listening to both the LCD-2 and HD800. It's an amazing amp for $750. Compared to my Lehmann BCL, the LCD-2's bass is tighter and deeper while the highs are more extended with the Mjolnir -- a most pleasing improvement to the Audeze. I was afraid that the extended treble would cause problems with the HD800, but that was not the case. If anything, the upper octave harshness that sometimes bothers me with the HD800 was reduced using the Mjolnir. So, i guess the extended treble I'm hearing is just the reduction of the LCD-2's bass "bloat" that gives the illusion of more treble.