View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lane View Post
Hi Caelin - if you're up for just one more question

For someone looking to improve on simple stock power cords, can you elaborate on the (expected, audible) difference between the HC-V2 cable and its VENOM counterpart in the new NR series?

I 'get' noise reduction intellectually, just want to make the best $ decision since I have a 8 components to power in the living room... and then a half dozen more in the office system...

If you were on a budget, is there a logical order as to which components to install standard HC-V2 vs. NR PC's? In my case, all plugged into dedicated lines, no power conditioning.

Cheers - and thanks again for being patient with my questions!

Matt
Certain components really NEED NR filtering. This includes DACs, transports, digital processors, integrated amps with DACs, music servers and all computer devices. So if you are not getting it through one of our conditioners, you should consider using the NR type cable.

Purely analog components like amplifiers and preamplifiers especially tube equipment can get by with the non-NR cables. This would include the Venom HC and our EF model power cables.

Computers, Ethernet switches, routers, monitors etc benefit greatly when used with the Venom V14 Digital. This cables has NR filters specifically designed to deal with SMPSs and high impulse noise generated by these devices.