Thread: Luxman MQ-300
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
That's a good question. I was hoping to use the pre-out feature of my Accuphase E-600. After about 5 hours of A/B comparisons, the E-600 sounds just as good as the Luxman using the E-600 as a preamp which leads me to believe that I may have to consider the Luxman 900 preamp (gulp) which was what my dealer had the MQ-300 mated with.

This OCD is getting very expensive and before I pull the trigger on a tube rig, I will probably shop around quite a bit.

Greg: the Luxman preamps are outstanding. I thought my previous C-600f was on par with the Accuphase C-2420. I miss them both but especially the Luxman. Luxman goes well with both Accuphase and Esoteric gear. Don’t be surprised if you hear very little from them... IIRC, I found the Accuphase preamp to act like it wasn’t there and the Luxman almost the same (but added a little character to which I can’t remember its description as it was a few years ago). But I liked it in my system with a K-03 and A-50v. I also liked the C-2420 because it didn’t mess with anything sonically, so I guess it’s what you are trying to achieve. You should definitely A/B in your house if you can.