View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
That's the nicest looking VPI I've ever seen, and probably the first I'd consider owning since the Aries 3 / HR-X days. Quite beautiful. There's pics of another one with Rosewood sides, and without the lame "Anniversary" font, that looks even better. That said, the VPI lineup has been in flux and (to me) seems confusing over the last several years.
The pic you saw was exactly how the HW40 looked at the launch. It will have the "wood" side panels. The "lame anniversary font" was a mockup. Mat has been getting feedback on what badging (if any) should be on the top of the table. I personally would prefer limited edition badging with X of 400 on the back of the table and leave the top as clean as possible.

I'm very interested in this table as well. And I currently own the Aries 3D which looks like a smaller version of the HRX. I think it is one of their best looking tables (but I'm biased).
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds