View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMBL622 View Post
Thanks a lot everybody!

4music
Unfortunately there is only 2 feet distance from my speaker to the wall, I’m not sure if any bass problem will create because of this. This is one of the reason I choose Avalon because the air hole in on the bottom (My previous speaker is also Avalon, Ascendant II). However, I already use Avalon speaker for 5 to 6 years, want to get some new sound. I’ve test B&W Diamond several time and I like it ( Both D2 & D3). I also listen to other speakers like Wilson Audio’s Watts Puppy 8, Sophia 3, Sasha but I never enjoy the sound like Avalon and B&W.
The D2 and D3s are fantastic speakers no doubt, there's nothing wrong with going for something new if you enjoy it. I would just say that before changing lines, I would make an attempt to hear and see how the comparable Avalon model in 2017 prices compare so you have a somewhat accurate comparison.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3