View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 02:15 AM

So...I have about 55 hours on these so far...and I am LOVING the sound. The CLX electrostatics are simply stunning. And these subs are SO musical and totally blows the "musical' sub can't produce prodigious bass myth! WRONG. I was wrong. Good Lordy last night I had to find about 100 room rattles.

The sound is large and truly transports you to the studio. I think these CLX speakers have the perfect marriage of intimate transparency and yet can play loud effortlessly. These are not the delicate Electrostatics of old.

And I only had about 50 hours or so on the new MC601's before I sold the 13a's. So in some ways my entire rig is breaking in.

I purchased some Stillpoints Ultra SS to go under the 13a's but never used them on the 13s since they were about to be sold so Ivan is sending me different adapters for those. I know they Ultra SS will be GREAT.

Also, I know the wires in the back are HORRID! Thats the next thing. Organize the cabling and wires. Its bad lol...And thinking some GIK diffusors behind the speakers and some cool art above the TT. Another project is to put the hallway door back on.

The audio rack is not a permanent solution...I'm super picky. What I want is more than I can afford. So I'm going to wait until I can! For now this is fine.

A few pics...