View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 07:09 PM

Default Tired of computer speakers

I've tried a few sets of computer speakers and I'm left wanting more.
I was thinking of an integrated receiver (that needs to accept USB from my computer), 2 speakers, maybe an REL sub.

I work in my home office, which is where I listen to music the most. Trying to design my system, and talking with dealers, I'm left with more questions than ideas.

The local dealer I trust the most told me not to bother with a hifi system right now, because speaker placement is not possible in a desk that faces a corner. I need to buy a new desk. Even if I buy a new desk, what is the listening position? My desk would still face a wall, so either the speakers are at a wall behind me and the listening position is ideal when I turn around , or they are in front of me on either sides of my desk, and then there is no listening position unless I sit in a chair across the room.
PC speakers are small, and fit on the desk so the listener position isn't an issue.
I know you've tackled this before, at least you AA members that aren't retired.

There was a time when I'd listen to music the whole day, muting for phone calls and meetings. I'd like to get back to that time.

Last edited by Mouse; 01-22-2018 at 07:31 PM.