View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 03:18 PM

Pictures of the arrival of these massive TAD R1 MkII speakers. The crates are incredibly well thought out and easy to take down though they require a good bit of hefting as the outside cardboard is almost 1" thick and after unbolting the "fold & bolt" out carton layer and then the inner carton layer with massive, and I do mean massive foam cradles built inside, getting all the parts up from garage to attic not only takes several trips but also a bit of care. Then there's the speaker-skid/pallet coupling; the skids are custom built out of real wood layers glued and pressure joined, somewhere between 45 and 50 lbs per skid! The speakers attach with 6 3" bolts put in from the bottom of the skid into special receivers on the bottom of each speaker so the speaker does not move at all during shipment....very impressive!!! These require a good amount of help and care getting them off the skids and up the stairs; great work out,...definitely bring strong friends (or professional movers)!!!

It's some SERIOUS packaging and I'm comparing to custom wood crates for my prior speakers and the care taken by Esoteric in their standard triple-box setups....these guys at TAD are serious.

They stand ready to ascend to "the room" (with alot of help);

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 12-23-2016 at 02:02 PM.