View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 05:10 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisVFR14 View Post
Thanks everyone for your thought so far. It makes sense to give equipment new clean power rather than just filtered power.
This is one of those "holy wars topics," so take all opinions with a grain of salt and rely upon your own experiences. Power regeneration assumes that the problem is what is coming out of the wall and that the components are not making their own noise contributions. Power conditioning really needs agreement on the definition before discussing it. Lesser methods give lesser results. Better methods may not give better results if there was no initial problem to fix.

I currently use both methods. I have not discerned large performance variations in either method, with the exception that the amp blows the fuses in the regeneration unit when it is turned on (in rush current exceeds fuse limit). So the amp is always stand alone.

My personal, subjective opinion is that components introduce more trouble than wall circuits, if the house wiring has correct ground, proper maintenance of phase, has sufficient amperage for the circuit's draw demands, and there is no obvious "offender" like a refrigerator with a bad motor on the same circuit. Consequently, I have focused on component control (passive conditioning), rather than line regeneration. YMMV! These devices are intensely circumstances specific in performance.