View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 03:12 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vencel View Post
Are you satisfied with your Fuuga? I never hear this cartridge, but there are so many new brands popping up. Its body looks nicely and precisely made. I would use boron cantilever, but that's my preference.
I am curious about your opinion on this Fuuga.
Thanks!
Sorry for late reply - did not see your post 'til now.

Yes I am quite satisfied with the Fuuga. It is well made with a nice straight cantilever that is tucked under the body so you have to get pretty low to see it and its stylus. Having the mirrored Uni-Pro alignment kit made it fairly easy to align. (SmartTractor is the little brother to the Uni-Pro, that would work also.) I reccommend using a mirrored protractor to align the Fuuga.

Here is what I wrote about the Fuuga on another site:

"The Fuuga is fine cartridge that works well on tonearms with a higher effective mass, such as the Kuzma 4Point. I found it sounding solid and dynamic with a sense of propulsive forward drive. Excellent midrange tonality with lower registers taut and natural without angularity. Top-end is firm, not overly airy and without etch but perhaps not quite as tippy-top extended as a vdH Master Sig. Well balanced, it is not a hi-fi hyper-resolution cartridge."

Here on AA I've posted some you tube videos of my system playing classical music. The videos on this page were made with the Fuuga.