Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 08:01 AM

Wow! Great system Charles!
Alexx is one of my favorite speakers. Never heard it with McIntosch, but it is probably a very good match.
I can see that you have some absorption.
Have you tried any diffusion?

How is it around the sweet spot? My experience is that diffusion in the midrange and treble is good in the ceiling and behind you. It makes the scene bigger, more holographic, widened and the presentation is lively and controlled without getting dry.

Though, it's almost never possible to guess how a system sounds together with the room acoustics when you see it in pictures. My guess is that it's very good and with diffusion in the ceiling slightly in front of and above the sweet spot and behind the sweet spot it would work very well.

Your system is very capable over all and even more than most systems in the lower frequencies.
Have you any need for basabsorption?

I recently had a pro-acoustic guy at Sound of Science at home to measure up my system and my room acoustic. That was very interesting.

You can read about it in my thread https://www.audioaficionado.org/show...=28971&page=38

I strongly recommend to do this in any great systems. I certainly helps to get the system to exceed any expectations.

Last edited by Apexorca; 02-17-2019 at 12:38 PM.