View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 09:38 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston BCD-3 CD Player Review - Absolute Sound

November 2018

“I began this review process wondering if a player like the BCD-3 is even relevant in today’s digital world. I discovered, to my surprise, that it is.

My next discovery was just how good the BCD-3 sounds, and how much of an improvement it represents over even excellent last-generation CD players.

Then, the Bryston went toe-to-toe with one of the best CD players available—without embarrassing itself in the least. Lastly, I discovered that the BCD-3’s upgrade path, which consists of turning itself into a transport to work with future or more expensive DACs, really works.

Put this together and you really do have what could be your last CD player. The BCD-3’s single-minded design and functionality delivers CD performance that doesn’t come along every day. And, as we’ve seen with the BCD-1, there’s no guarantee such a player will be here tomorrow. If I were choosing a CD player that wouldn’t break the bank but was unflinching in its musical and sonic generosity, the BCD-3 would be at the top of my list.”

Alan Taffel,
the absolute sound.