View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 02:20 PM

Although not involving a speaker system, when replacing my ceiling mounted Epson 6010 projector with a new Sony 4K UHD laser illuminated projector, I decided to mount the projector on a floor mounted platform rather than the ceiling because the "animals" in my house walk like elephants with very heavy feet and, at times, cause the projected image to shake in the home theater in the basement.

Rather than choose a table or some other appliance on which to place the projector, I contacted Sound Anchor and together we designed and am having built a bespoke three-legged platform that is 50" high and with a top plate of about 19" x 22" to support the projector and with a similar footprint for the base at the bottom. It is looking a lot like one of their speaker stands just taller and, obviously, bigger. Two of the three legs will be be appropriately filled with whatever it is that the fill the legs with (a sand and polymer concoction I believe) and the third leg will be empty to provide for cable routing.

Although it probably won't affect anything in the audio spectrum, I fully expect stability of the light energy in the visible spectrum, and my viewing pleasure, to be immeasurably enhanced.

Sound Anchor folks are good guys indeed!