View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 09:42 AM

Default Binding post question

I agree with both of you, The problem is I don't feel like sending the Amp back and not having an amp just to get the same original binding post that I don't feel adequately are able to support torque and weight of cables this heavy. When I say loose I mean a couple of them can be slowly rotated. I believe the entire shaft is rotating with the spade part sandwiched and tight and the ring part inside the amp also sandwiched and tight on that same shaft. Should have taken a picture. One thing to note they do sound better than the cables they replaced , and they only loosened up during the new install. So this is more concern with a potential problem maybe down the road. Also wasn't crazy about seeing 14 AWG wire going from output stage to posts.

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player

Last edited by mcpaf76; 09-16-2017 at 09:46 AM.