View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 11:23 AM
Aspiring Audiophile

I'll have to admit that I am still very immature and LOVE me a good stop light acceleration. I'm not using launch control, just pressing the Sport+ button and mashing on the pedal when the light turns green.

My C2S Cabriolet is a 997.2 model, so it packs 385 HP. I'd say that level of power is the sweet spot for a manual gearbox still being viable without having to be surprised from 1st to 2nd gear too bad.

The car is very fast...but I could be in a manual without getting myself into trouble.

A 997.2 or 991 or newer Turbo S on the other hand, would be a handful.

My friend has a 997.1 Turbo that is a 6 speed and when I drive it, 1st to 2nd gear is pretty stressful as you have a little more than one second to make that happen.

I'm not a track time guy, and really am just out in my "fun" car for fun only (my daily driver Toyota Tacoma is a 6 speed, manual).

I have just come to learn that as these cars are fighting physics the way they are, going really fast is a Dual Clutch game. Regular sports cars are approaching the supercar and hypercar performance of yesterday. At some point, the analog experience is becoming less possible with how fast cars are getting.

At my core I am still an analogue guy and see a manual gearbox still in my future again. But I'd bet my next 6 speed 3 pedal car wont have 500+ HP. If I do get a car with 500+ HP, it'll likely be a dual clutch-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Tom, no doubt. The Porsche PDK is outstanding. If 0-60 is of importance, PDK is the clear choice and especially with launch control. I just don’t know too many people who buy a 911 for constant stop light drag racing. It’s usually more like you either love the manual or you don’t.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW