View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 06:37 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
It's sure hard to make these tradeoffs! Your existing turntable is no slouch so trying some additional isolation would open up funds for other upgrades.
I have ordered a Cloud 11 for VPI Classic from Gingko. This will at least delay if not eliminate the hunt for a new TT if it works or at least mitigates the problem. I corresponded with Vinh Vu of Gingko via e-mail, and the agreement was that this particular platform will work as far as supporting my HW-19 Mk.IV. I'm also to be getting a couple of extra balls to increase its capacity to 80 lbs, just in case (it comes with six, meaning it supports 60 lbs).

I'm to allow four weeks for delivery; Mr. Vu said he will make sure the platform arrives within that time, as I'm headed south for the holidays 12/18.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks