View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessman View Post
I thought it was time for a little BAT love.

Every time I listen to this BAT/Wilson system I am blown away by how good it sounds. The gear disappears and it becomes all about the music. For me, the measure of the experience is my emotional connection to the music, not degrees of "realism." I think my system often sounds better than live (yeah, I said it ).

The system is neutral, quick, highly resolving, with tight bass and sparkling highs that sound completely proportionate to the music. In a word - sublime. If you are starting a system and looking for fantastic synergy, I suggest that you audition a BAT/Wilson pairing.
Chessman, must be an awesome system to listen to with the BAT/Wilson combination! I agree with your comments about the importance of a system establishing an emotional connection to the music. However, for me, systems that produce high degrees of "realism" to genuine timbres, dynamics, soundstage, etc. created in a "live" acoustic concert help me better to suspend belief that I am only listening to a electro-mechanical reproduction of the original performance.

Last edited by Steady339; 04-18-2014 at 01:07 AM.