View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
I finally picked up the W20 after a few extra days in Colorado due to weather and got it setup using a Transparent USB. Right out of the box, I was blown away at the sound quality. It is too early to give definitive feedback against the K-01X transport but I didn't feel I was missing anything. Streaming TIDAL is a pleasure. My wife is so happy she doesn't have to wait for me to scroll through hundreds of cds anymore. Just about anything you want is at the touch of a finger and the quality from the K-01X Dac IMO is superb! I'm using the G-01 as a master clock with the W20 & K-01X and feel it adds a level of refinement that to me is totally unexpected from a streaming service.

There is more break-in time needed and I need to make sure I have the optimal settings for the W20, K-01X, and G-01 to make sure I get the most out of the combo but half the fun is experimenting. Any feedback, good or bad, is more than welcome. Stay tuned
Dave.......I am happy for you. The Aurender W20 is an exceptional audio component with state of the art options including the DC power supply and backup power. Let it play on repeat at night with your sound system off. It will speed up the break-in. I am looking forward to your complete review.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A