View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 08:25 PM

Sent: Monday, August 05, 2013 12:22 PM
To: Brian W Russell
Subject: Model T

Hi Brian,

I've spent a lot of the weekend enjoying the new speakers as I've been working around the house. I'd classify them as a refined kick ass rock n' roll speaker! These were definitely made for me.

I wanted a big slim tower, given my space requirements and these fit excellent. Any bigger would be a bit much, but smaller would be insignificant. I find with most slim tower designs these days you need an additional sub to compensate for lack of bass. So for the most part you might as well use bookshelves with a sub which defeats the purpose of a tower in my opinion. These remind me a lot of my PSB Synchrony one's, in that they share titanium tweeters, which I love, as they aren’t too bright or dull. I had Paradigm S8's, but that beryllium tweeter almost made my ears bleed. Some times very pleasantly revealing, but for the most part far too much so. The Synchrony one's bass is outstanding for their size, and the mid range is very refined, but the speaker sounded somewhat strained at high volumes. Given the size of that speaker I think it's phenomenal, and yet I wanted more. These are it...... bigger, more bass, and a bit more lively....very pleased!

The packing job of these speakers was absolutely outstanding! I was really struck by the care and thought that went into the packaging, and the cloth bag is a very nice touch indeed. I'm currently running them with an Anthem 225, I know the speakers can handle a lot more power, so I want to bring them to life more so. I'll be looking at some Bryston gear for that, but I know your high end stuff gets very pricey, but apparently well worth it.

I can tell you've got a good crew with you, I was very impressed with the way my emails were answered and the care that was taken. I can see how shipping direct can be a real pain for you. The company really shouldn't have to go to the length it did for one transaction, but very much appreciate the fact you did! Too bad I couldn't just walk into a store here and by some Bryston gear, that it 'd be better for you and me, but unfortunately Thunder Bay doesn't have a Bryston dealer. Marc Hallam in Ottawa is always great to deal with, so If I have to buy outside of the city, I usually look him up.

Thank you Sir, for a wonderful transaction, and a great pair of speakers!

Jan (Thunder Bay)