View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEE View Post
Hi S1chen, Thanks for the sharing. What is the size of your listening area? The QSub15 has 2 15" woofers (back to back), so in terms of cone area, it is larger than even 4 10" woofers. And then there is the built-in (optimized) driving amp. I read some trying to mate the Q1 with JL with only mixed results.
the person trying to match Q1 with 2 JL fathom sub was me. It doesn't work because the JL audio is not at the level of the drivers used in the Q1, so you cannot match them properly. Best is to keep the JL for what it has been designed for: HT...
I trust S1Chen that you can get good results adding one or 2 Qsub-15 to a pair of Q1 or Q3. This is probably the most sophisticated sub design ever made. Fast, rigid drivers, very stable enclosure, good electronic. 15" Drivers used are top notch, they are the same which were custom developed for the bass driver of the Magico Ultimate... a 600k speaker - so you can imagine that Magico didn't take any shortcut when designing them.
I heard also a demo of the Qsub18 when visiting the Magico factory for Ultimate set up. The power it can generate is sick! Not sure who needs so much bass but for bass freaks (i.e. not me) it is really crazy. I had the impression to be punched in the stomach....

Last edited by jazzman; 10-01-2014 at 07:06 AM.