View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jordan View Post
Hey Serge-

Sounds like you are on your way. The folks at Bryston are very helpful and extremely eager to answer all questions about their equipment. Their customer support was a major deciding factor in my Player and later DAC purchases. I suggest you give them a hail for further insight into your thoughts.

i also installed a two TB SSD into my player formatted FAT 32 via a Mac computer. Chris at Bryston Re-Formatted it remotely due to stuff Mac inherinetly added into the formatting. Just one example of their great support.

Despite having a 60 day ROON trial waiting, haven't tried it yet. Been using dppoweramp for ripping as first learned about from Dan, AKA Jdandy. Inexpensive enough and works real well.

This digital thing has a learning curve but it goes quick. With the Bryston you may well find little reason to spin CD's.
I also use dbpoweramp for ripping software. I just upgraded last weekend to version 16 as the cost was about 20$. Starting from scratch, I preferred to have the latest version.

BTW, I installed the free 14 days trial of Roon tonight among other things and my god, this piece of software is a blessing for any music lover. I wanted to just do some testing before I receive my BDP-2 but after my very short experience with it, I think I will subscribe. One nice thing is that Roon supports the CCA so it is going to be useful in my upcoming system upstairs. As far as I see it, Roon takes care of the ugly computer stuff behind the scenes and lays everything beautifully before your eyes. You should give it a try in my opinion.