View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:36 AM

I purchased Paradigm's back in the summer of 2002. At the time I bought a pair of Studio 100v2's, CCv2, ADPv2's and a Servo 15a. Great speakers. In the fall of 2003 I purchased a pair of Studio 60v2's for the rears and a few months later a 2nd Servo 15a. About 4 years ago I purchased a Signature Sub 25 for my LFE channel. These speakers gave me many many years of enjoyment.

I had intended to move to an all Signature setup replacing all of the Studios two years ago but my dealer had become a B&W dealer at that time and I preferred the B&W sound over the Signatures. With the unfortunate continual price increases of the Paradigm speakers over the years they lost their competitive price advantage which was unfortunate and what would have been a huge price difference a few years earlier compared to B&W closed to basically an insignificant difference.

So over the past two years I have been slowly replacing my Paradigm's with B&W speakers. First it was the CC, replaced by a HTM2 Diamond. A couple months later the the 60's were boxed up and the 100's went to rear surround duty as they were replaced by 802 Diamonds up front. My system then underwent a downsizing from 7.1 to 5.1. At that point the ADP's got boxed up. Most recently, just two weeks ago the 100's got boxed up as I await another pair of B&W's. Boxing the 100's was a bit sad I must admit, they served me well for over a decade and I prefer those old big, bad boys to the current 100's today. There's just something about the sound of that larger cabinet with the larger drivers over the current versions that I prefer.