View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
There is definite audible benefit getting gear out from between the speakers. A little absorption at the mirror points and behind the speakers will improve the listening experience.

There is a definite audible benefit of getting rid of that glass top coffee table between you and your speakers.

Everything else is convenience and appearance related.
I will seriously consider keeping only the amplifier in front between the speakers. The only thing is that I will need a longer interconnect.

I have in the plans to install some room treatments but I honestly don't know where to start. When to use absorbtion, when to use diffusion?.. My room is 16' wide in front and is 25' deep and I sit about halfway at 13'. The room is all open with no walls and the back of the room is a home office/computer area.

I wasn't aware that the glass table would be an issue but it is needed, especially for those movie nights with the kids. I will try to remove it and audition if I hear a difference. But if a table can cause some issue, what about the sectionnal I am planning to purchase? There will be about 30" between the left speaker and the end of the couch. Would this cause too much absorbtion on the left side and make everything imbalanced?