View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
My listening room is not small. It is 22x30 and acoustically speaking rather absorbent with carpet and furniture. My speakers are also not very efficient with 86dB but a rather friendly flat impedance curve of 6 ohms. Neither my 509 class A, nor even the triode/pentode amps with much less power have any difficulty of recreating music to levels that are sane and entertaining without causing hearing damage. With peaks rarely exceeding 96dB either amp is happy. On the rare occasions I want to really crank it up for passive listening as I am busy with other hobbies in another rooms in the basement, the 509 is more than happy to take it there. There is tons of overhead reserve in the 509. It’s a very robust amp with beefy power supplies and reserves. Buy with confidence that the class A will satisfy your needs unless of course you don’t value your hearing and want to recreate rock concert levels... My Luxman 509 is a keeper and I won’t part with it.
Thanks Serge - do you have the 509X now then? Your sig says 590AXii? How would you compare the two?
|||HOME CINEMA: JVC DLA-X70 Projector | Lumagen Radiance Mini | Screen Excellence Enlightor 4K 120" AT screen | Datasat RS20i | Aerial Acoustics LR5's, CC5 + 4 x SR3 Surrounds + 2 x LR3 Front Heights + 2 x Model 5B Wides (11.2) | 2 x Paradigm Reference Sub 1's | 3 x AB Systems 11000SE 1000W monoblocs + 6500SE 6-Channel 500W | Oppo BDP-95 | Netgear NeoTV 550 | NAD M50 | 24TB Synology 2413+ ||| HI-FI: Revel Ultima Salon 2 | Mark Levinson 532H | DAC - TBC | Pre-amp TBC | NAD M50 |||