View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiiii View Post
IF I had the room I would place a Klipsch MWM-s from the theatre line under the center channel speaker. I would take out the Eminence woofer and upgrade it with a JBL woofer with similar properties but with guaranteed power handling. The efficiency of the MWM is in the 105 to 110 db range and though a modified W horn will reach down to below 30 hz and would work well as sub woofer for home theatre in a 5.1 system. You 'd need a mighty big room to have a 7.2 system. The standard MWM with 2 15's is just, toooooooooooo, big.

Has anyone thought of getting a second pair of older cornerhorns removing the top section and mounting the bass horn inverted on top of your existing kornerhorns and using them as sub woofers in a 7.2 or 5.2 HT system. With the classic 3 channel system you could use them to supplement the the bass below 50 hz using the bi amp function of a MEN220. Just a hair brained idea.
Yes, done & done. It works very well. (no stacked bass bins, but def Bi-amped with ALK XOs and MEN220)