View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dambala View Post
Hi all,

One more question, what are the differences in sound between the Kleen Sweep and the 46 SET? Since I only need 1-2 watts for my desktop setup, I'd love to know how they would sound different and if one would be better than the other for my setup.

I've never heard a Cary or Dennis Had product, so this will be my first adventure into his world. My only other tube amp experience is with headphone amps such as the Bottlehead Crack, ampersandsound Kenzie Ovation v2, and a few Schiit products (Lyr 3, Valhalla 2, and Vali 2++).

As I mentioned in my original post, my primary requirements is that I can listen to my high efficiency speakers (94.5 dB) at very low volumes and I'm hoping that there is no audible noise floor - these speakers will be near field (3 feet from my ears).

Thanks in advance.
I think the only people that have heard both amps, and on the same speakers, are the folks that have gone to Dennis's place. The 46 is a directly heated tube and some audiophiles would immediately gravitate towards that as opposed to a "mere" TV sweep tube. Another poster here has heard/maybe owns the 46 amp. Maybe they heard the Klein Sweep too? I know AA has.