Thread: Magico M9
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 08:21 AM

Default Magico M9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Toga, I believe I saw somewhere that the M9 would be a limited edition. This means there will be a scaled down flagship version of the M9 that will be suitable for you. There are many new features to the M9 other than the bi-amping. New drivers, new base, new cabinet construction, new crossover. I think the M9 is aimed at the .01% of audiophiles.

When the Wilson XVX came out there was alot of talk on the forum about the how expensive it was. These folks did not have that kind of cash. But when I saw it and saw that in many respects the XVX was superior to the WAMM, and at about two thirds the price (the WAMM includes subs, the XVX does not) and that it would fit into my room, I thought it a bargain.

I think the same thing is going to happen here. Magico is going to produce a "practical" M9. I believe it will be quite a speaker. I am extremely impressed with the M9.

Best,

Charles

Hi Charles,
Yes I am sure of the coming of trickled down models.
But I will never be able to afford them too as Q7 resale value will not cover even half of what to come. At the time I pulled the trigger for Q7 I told myself that they will
be my end game speakers, and that is still true, until I won A lotto.
Oh and congrats on new XVX, I like those too.
TOGA