Thread: Magico M9
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
When I first saw it , I thought Rockport Arrakis. Both are tall, carbon-look, dual 15 inch sub. Before Q7 I was interested in Arrakis, but could not risk buying like that with out extensive listening first. Now M9 is much more advance than the Arrakis. I was really trying to find the way to acquire M9 until I learn that need extra 2 more expensive channels of amplification and cables. Then I stop dreaming. I am in the camp of not mixing different amps in bi-amp set up. So That mean four of super amp to do justice for M9. These are for top 1% of audiophile. Really.

Toga
Toga, I believe I saw somewhere that the M9 would be a limited edition. This means there will be a scaled down flagship version of the M9 that will be suitable for you. There are many new features to the M9 other than the bi-amping. New drivers, new base, new cabinet construction, new crossover. I think the M9 is aimed at the .01% of audiophiles.

When the Wilson XVX came out there was alot of talk on the forum about the how expensive it was. These folks did not have that kind of cash. But when I saw it and saw that in many respects the XVX was superior to the WAMM, and at about two thirds the price (the WAMM includes subs, the XVX does not) and that it would fit into my room, I thought it a bargain.

I think the same thing is going to happen here. Magico is going to produce a "practical" M9. I believe it will be quite a speaker. I am extremely impressed with the M9.

Best,

Charles