Thread: C2600....
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timobi View Post
Thank you for the Summary! So basically the audio sounds better through the c2600 DAC vs the Sony? I have a MacBook Pro Retina. All my Hi-Rez music and red book CDs I have on an external drive that I transferred over to the HAP.

Is it just as simple as plugging in the MacBook to the C2600? I think I need an audio software tho as I don't think iTunes can playback the DSD or 192/24 stuff.

If you have any suggestions I would be GRATEFUL. Oh...I did indeed trade my c47 for the c2600 today. Will begin the setup this week.
Yes, the audio sounds better through C2600 by a big margin. I mean Sony sounds good but not great and a big drawback is no other digital out beside USB which is not compatible with Mcintosh gears. As someone mentioned, quality of USB cable is important, yesterday I got a better cable and tested, the sound improved another inche. And for regarding media software, I like Hysold better than Jriver. With Hysold, you can have a remote on your phone which makes your like a little easier and it is freeeee and works better than $50 Jriver software. Also you have to install MC drive to your comp from Mcintosh site, I sure you are tech savvy enough to do with one finger . Enjoy your C2600...