Thread: C2600....
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderkid23 View Post
Hello...

I have C2600 and Sony Hap... This evening, I connected HDD to C2600 via USB cable and the result was the same as yours.

So I connected my pc to C2600 via a such cheap USB cable that I got from a external cd drive and played the same files with Sony HDD. The sound improvement is day and night difference. C2600's DAC is way better than Sony...obviously. I hear more and tight bass and overall volume is bigger and bright.

And then I connected CDP to C2600 via a coaxial cable, before it was by XLR. This connection also improved the sound a bit, but not by big margin like a previous experiment.

Now I don't know what to do with $2,000 DAC + digital storage ��.

Tomorrow I am gonna get a decent USB cable and try again...
Thank you for the Summary! So basically the audio sounds better through the c2600 DAC vs the Sony? I have a MacBook Pro Retina. All my Hi-Rez music and red book CDs I have on an external drive that I transferred over to the HAP.

Is it just as simple as plugging in the MacBook to the C2600? I think I need an audio software tho as I don't think iTunes can playback the DSD or 192/24 stuff.

If you have any suggestions I would be GRATEFUL. Oh...I did indeed trade my c47 for the c2600 today. Will begin the setup this week.