View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by longgone View Post
Hello... I am trying to learn the hierarchy of the Shunyata cables.
For now, the power cords.
I am at the entry level.
I bought what I thought were Venom power cords. Printed on the end that connects to the audio gear is 'Diamondback' and '15A'. These PCs look like the Venoms in the pictures on the Shunyata sight. They are blue with the white stripe and the clear blue plugs at the ends that allow you to see the inside connections.
I thought they were supposed to be 20A and I wasn't thinking Diamondback.
I am new at cables and trying to learn about the Shunyatas.
Are Venoms, Diamondbacks?
Why would they be 15A?
I was expecting 20A.
I don't see any mention of Diamondbacks or Venom 15A, on the Shunyata sight, that appear to be Venoms.
Thank you.
What you have is a Shunyata Venom 3 power cord. The Diamondback, which is a model that just preceded the Venom 3, had a clear jacket with a silver-colored shielding underneath.

This is a Shunyata Diamondback cord:

They both use the same clear molded plugs, so your cord's molded plug may have Diamondback printed on it, but if is blue with a white stripe it is a Venom cord.

If it is a 15 amp cord, the "slots" at component end will be vertical, if is 20 amp, the slots will be horizontal at the component end.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 11-17-2017 at 01:11 PM.