View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 10:40 AM

There are actually 2 different types, black and gray. The gray are the more expensive. The gray Audio Research cables are pretty nice sounding cables. I had them for a number of years. During that time I compared them to a number of different brands of cables and always thought it was pretty much a sideways move. While cables like the Nordost Heimdall 2 did some things better, they were also not as good in some ways. I remember when I tried Kubala-Sosna they seemed veiled in comparison the the ARC.

That is until I tried Shunyata Ztron Cobra interconnects. They were significantly better than the Litzlink 2 and I didn't feel I was sacrificing anything. I now have the Zitron Anaconda in most of my system. Though there are a couple places I still have the Cobra. The Anaconda are a bit better than the Cobra but not significantly better. The Cobra are really an excellent cable and a real bargain, especially used.

I have also replaced all my power cords with Shunyata. First the Black Mamba and now the Alpha HC. These also made a huge difference in the sound. They don't add or take away anything. Everything is just more clean and clear like opening a window.

The one cable I thought were as good, maybe a tiny bit better were Sain cables. I never had both Shunyata and Sain at the same time so it is hard to say. They were extremely good though.