View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I think the Qsubs are such an excellent addition to the Magico line. Really congrats on your purchase. Did you get 1 or 2? I achieved excellent results with my Krell MRS in mono. I'm sure the Qsub15 greatly surpasses it. Again what a great addition to the Magico line. I will be anxious to see if Q5 owners jump on a Q15. Seems ideal to achieve even more (or at least as much) dynamic range in the bass than a Q7. I can't imagine what dual Q18's and the Q7 would sound like.
Interesting...the Krell Master Ref Sub certainly seems like a similar design to the QSubs...dual 15" cones, firing in opposing directions to cancel vibration and set in a 3" thick aluminium casing with a very sophisticated crossover...and basically a Krell FPB650 amp to drive it. Also 400lbs or something?

Why do you feel that the Q15 ought to greatly surpass it? Just curious...I nearly got a 2nd hand Krell MRS but honestly was concerned about age of the amp and finding out I have very expensive (and very HEAVY!) repairs, shipping, etc.

I am certainly intrigued by the QSub15. Thanks for any insight.