View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
See below statement from Spotify’s community site - note this is from February of this year. Spotify still lists on their site 320kbs as their highest quality. Not sure what your setup is, but perhaps something in your system is upsampling, or 16/44 is the transfer rate of whatever your source is, but not the actual stream quality.

“Community Manager Meredith Community Manager ‎2019-02-13 10:29 AM
Hi all, Spotify Staff here.

We don't have an offer for lossless playback. The absolutely best way to let Spotify know you would be interested in such a feature is to leave your vote and comments here: "HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz"

I can assure you the feedback in the Idea Exchange is being passed on to the internal teams on a very regular basis. As soon as we have any updates on this we will post in that thread first.

Thank you for coming to the Spotify Community to give us your feedback. If you have any questions please post here.”
Then, all I can say is that the MB50 must be making Spotify sound at least as good as CD's in my system, and every bit as good as Tidal. Maybe the majority of audiologists who disparage the audible affects of digital sampling rates are actually right.