View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsooner View Post
UPDATE:

Ok, latest update from my friend who has about 150 hours on it:

All his analog guys are in wonder. It's opened up on both ends. Bass is tight, tuneful and goes room moving low. He played some cuts with bass in the low 20's and he said it was the most powerful they've had in the room. The mids are lush and accurate at the same time. They are spending hours and hours listening to all types of music. Said that the highs are 'right'. It has the best air around notes for any digital they've had in the room ever. He's had many of the top name DAC's in this room as everyone wants him to sell their gear. Everyone in his shop feels that this is the best digital piece he's had in and that includes the Berk ref mk 2 as well as the Aesthetix and AR digital pieces.

WAs told that if it's on the recording, it will be heard. Resolving, smooth, deep and powerful were some of the words he used. I asked about the size of the soundstage. Said that it's as wide as what he gets with most of the analog rigs they've had in the room and it goes deep AND high. He was surprised at how rock solid it is. I'm very encouraged as I am coming from a world class DAC. This should be fun.
Have you received your QX-5 Twenty? How does it compare to Empirical OSDE?