View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Viewing 120” closer than 20 ft and you can expect fatigue, eye strain, and or nausea.
If one has to move the eyes or worse, the head to view/cover the whole screen... it is way too big... That WILL cause strain and fatigue.

My theater room was about 17x30 ft and my screen size was 102" if my memory serves me right.

In any case, my preferred spot was roughly the middle of the room or 15 ft from that screen. A 120" screen I would have been watching from the back of the 30 ft room for sure.

For average sized room that is not a dedicated room and is not completely dark and/or is not painted with non reflective wall paint, I would simply get the biggest OLED 4k TV and be completely happy with that.

Projectors have their place but not in a sunlit room full of windows which can not be completely controlled for external light. Nothing worse than paying all that $$$ for a projector and a screen and then watching washed out images that are lacking contrast when a modern OLED 4K TV could have been the answer for much less $$$.

That's just my opinion and I did not go the projector route in my new house. Perfectly happy with a 65" OLED TV, watching from 10 ft away. Perfect.