View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 11:10 AM

Hi all, my first post here. Bought a DB2D to replace my PV1D. For stereo I am running 804D3’s, Classe CP800 and Rotel RMB1585. Made a quick connection with RCA LFE during the week as I had not yet installed the XLR cable. Got minimal volume on both LFE and stereo settings, cones move but very quiet, similar to some experiences posted here.
Connected the XLR today and wow, fantastic! Using hi/low pass filter of the CP800, crossover at 50hz, slope 12db. Still need to do final calibration.
Quick try with Marantz AVR using RCA LFE prior to Audyssey, for sure no problem with volume. Will post more details later.
For now 4 issues:
1. Cannot find anywhere how to update the firmware, can anyone here help?
2. Auto on cannot be set in App as per manual. When the CP800 is switched off, the sub switches off but shortly afterwards on again - without a signal! Switched on during the day yesterday when I was at work, enabled auto off to ensure at least it switches off after 20min
3. Sometimes the app disconnects from and shows an error, only way to restore it is to switch off and on at mains
4. Cannot understand why the Level setting has been removed from the App, stupid to use the gain setting under inputs config, that should not need to be disturbed when making slight volume changes for certain tracks. PV1D was nice, you can set the volume without going into the menu, when the sub is switched off it reverts to zero

So it looks (sounds!) promising so far and major upgrade from PV1D, as t should at the $$$.
Any advice on the 4 issues will be appreciated, thanks in advance
So very promising