View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveneumann View Post
RLF: My bet is that you are going to be so engrossed in listening to your new Strads that your HT set-up won't get much use!
That is my wife’s sincere hope. Then she has 100% control of what movies are played

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
I know that the center channel is very important since most dialog is coming from the center. But, looking at the equipment listed under your signature it looks like your displays sizes are not greater than 77in. in size.

If that is indeed the case, IMO, your biggest impact would be getting a much larger display. That may mean going to a projector/screen combo. A +100in. Screen will let you enjoy a true theater experience and you will be so entranced with the image that you will not worry too much about the center channel anymore.
Thanks for the suggestion. To give you a few more details, while my stereo resides in a 28’x 14’x 8’ room, our home theater is located in an dedicated, light controlled intimate room which is approximately 12’ x 12.5.’ Therefore, a 77” video source at under a 8’ viewing distance is probably appropriate and it is not even possible to fit a much larger screen in our room.

In my opinion and that of many others, audio is at least 50% of the movie experience, so getting the sound right is most important including a CC speaker to compliment the L+R channels; not to mention surround and Dolby Atmos height channels.