View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 04:57 AM

Hello all. I have a pair of IRS V.
Mods are a new external cross over same as Paul of ps audio but has an extra tap that Arnie wanted for the mids as he felt they seemed too deep on vocals .
The active low pass cross over has been made balanced and a new dual channel PSU .
All caps have been replaced on the cross over.
I also had made a new SE and bal imp matching box with a knob that has 6 positions .
One more item I had made. It's an analog woofer tower phase shifter . Two knobs allow for phase shifting of towers thus has allowed me to have a clean bass with no bass bump.
New magnets 15 years ago the speKers are upgraded IRS xx. The woofer Amps and all else are IRS v . I recently replaced all caps in the woofer tower amps. 18 caps in total.
Also installed .1uf bypass caps as well. Adjusted the three trimmer pots , now towers are dead quit . I can post pics if anyone wants them. Anyone who owns these and has not replaced the PSU and amps caps really should do so. Next is a dc speaker output turn off sensor and relay. This will protect the woofers in the event of dc output at speakers.
While there us two time delay turn in boards there is no DC speaker output detection circuit I can find.