View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 12:28 PM

Here are pics of what I have so far. These parts are all for a single K-horn. I am not showing a pic of the Crites cast frame woofer. Those will be delivered tomorrow. When I get one of the old K-33's out of a K-horn I will post woofer comparison pics.

The wooden horns are Eliptrac 400 mids and Contrac tweets from Fastlane audio.

The ALK extreme slope x-over is a 3 piece setup for the K-horn. This allows placement of the 2 long thin pieces to be on each side of the mid horn. The tweeter x-over is mounted on an edge. When installed, I will post pics and this will be clear. Both the tweeter and the mid-range drivers can have their efficiency ratings slightly reduced thru the use of different tap points on the x-over. So in this case, the woofer is 104db @ 1W and both the mid and tweet drivers are 108.5 db @ 1W. To match everything, you can use the different tap points for these drivers that that will reduce the 108.5 to be very close to the 104 of the woofer. (Al, if I'm butchering anything in my attempt at explaining how these work, feel free to chime in).

The tweeter driver is a 1" throat and the mid-range driver is a 2" throat. A sizable increase over the stockers. This mid driver works fine at the K-horns low end x-over point of 400Hz.

This setup also alters the original 8 ohm rating to 6 ohms. In my case, this means instead of 300W the speakers will see 450. I'm going to have to invest in some fuses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KH1.jpg (91.6 KB, 372 views)
File Type: jpg KH2.jpg (97.1 KB, 361 views)

Last edited by TMC; 10-18-2012 at 01:53 PM.