View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
The Yggdrasil DAC is absolutely astonishing. I have 494 hours break-in logged at this time. During my listening sessions I have already started taking notes for my review. This past several days the Yggdrasil has floored me more than once. The authenticity of instrument sounds and voices is so realistic and natural it is almost uncanny. I continually find myself awestruck as I listen. I am pulled into the performances every single time. I have not yet compared the Yggdrasil to the Esoteric K-01X in the studio system. I'll get to that one of these days, but I swear the Yggy is neck and neck with the K-01X, if not superior, in its ability to present music in a genuine, captivating, and immersive way. No matter the price, the Yggdrasil is a serious competitor with DAC's way up the digital converter food chain. Its performance level has reached a place where the accurate representation of sound can be startling. Instruments, percussion, and voices are lifelike and thrilling. Its price may make the Yggdrasil appear as an underdog but be forewarned, this DAC kicks ass.
I think startling is an underused,but very appropriate word to describe the very best gear.
I think you have got everyone interested.

Last edited by jdandy; 01-15-2018 at 02:19 AM. Reason: correct quote syntax